(The Law Offices of Miriam B. Riedmiller)
A U.S. Immigration Law Firm
Our Attorney Resources
Immigration Hot Topics - Immigration News Feeds
YOUR VISA LAWYER WITH OVER 15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The cornerstone of our practice is experience . We use the wealth of knowledge, skills and abilities from over 15 years of solid immigration experience, and other legal experience. We use our experience as the tools and inspiration to help in our clients towards a visa , green card or citizenship .
OUR GREEN CARD FORMULA :PREVENTIVE CURE
We live in a harsh immigration climate. To protect our clients from immigration penalties, we use our winning formula -- “Preventive cure.” By advising and helping you to preserve your legal status, we give you freedom to travel, to live and work lawfully in the U.S. We allow you to enjoy the highest returns to your financial and personal investments in immigration. Your ultimate reward from our formula, is peace of mind.
PROTECTING YOU FROMTHE 3/10 YEAR BAR TO ADMISSIBILITY, ETC.
By helping you prevent immigration violations through proper Legal steps, we open doors for your bright future in the U.S. , and help you avoid arrests, detention and deportation.
Harsh penalties like the 3/10 year bar to admissibility created by the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRA/IRA) of 1996, is but one example of penalties we remedy for you, though waivers (Read more). We find relief for more complex and harsh laws that are not visible to client’s eyes when they represent themselves, o when they fill out forms from the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov).
OUR CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE) – YOUR SAFETY NET
Because of harsh laws, complicated by globalization and technology, we keep our finger on the pulse of immigration law, to bring you cutting edge tools for your visa, green card and citizenship needs. In all our endeavors, we give and receive education, information, and other resources to keep the spirit and hope of immigration alive, for you. In this approach, we are well positioned to help our clients avoid loss of status and work authorization, and other pain such as family separation .
OUR TIES TO THE LEGAL AND IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY
We dedicate our Firm to continuing legal education (CLE) in all forms, by solidifying productive alliances with the legal community (www.linkedIn.com).
Since 1995, we are strongly linked with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (www.aila.org), participating in CLE classes as participant, as mentor, faculty , as contributor of legal articles and as pro bono lawyer for its legal clinics like the AILA Citizenship Day. We form a network with AILA lawyers from across the country and abroad for practice advisories, information, referrals, and other mechanisms for sound practice. Through AILA, we have a liaison to reach USCIS immigration service centers , the USCIS Ombudsman’s office (www.dhs.gov), and other agencies for special handling cases. We also have a forum for pro bono work, and for advocacy to change laws through AILA, it’s chapters and other arms like the AILA immigration Council.
Immigration Hot Topics - FREE Immigration News Feeds (NOTE: TITLE FOR THE ILW.COM NEWS FEEDS IN A FRAME)
8 HELPFUL Immigration Sites And Contacts
- Immigration Legislative Updates
- AILA: www.aila.org
- American Immigration Council : www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org
- Immigration Lawyers on the Web: www.ilw.com
2. USCIS Ombudsman Case Assistance ( When Ombudsman can help with errors or delays by USCIS)
3. UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE www.uscis.gov
- Customer Service Center: 1-800-375-5283
- CASE STATUS: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do
- -INFOPASS APPOINTMENTS: http://infopass.uscis`.gov/
- VAWA hotline, Vermont Service Center , Tel: 1-802-527-4888 (National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-787-7233)
- EVERIFY: Free determination of employee’s eligibility
- - www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/foreign.htm
5. VISA PRIORITY DATES AND U.S. PASSPORTS
- U.S. Department of State: www.travel.state.gov
- U.S. Embassy, Manila: www.manila.usembassy.gov
6. IMMIGRATION CUSTOMS AND ENFORCEMENT (ICE) ( For Detained Clients)
- DETAINEE LOCATOR: https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do
- DETENTION FACILTIES: http://www.ice.gov/detention-facilities/
7. Executive Office of Immigration Review (Immigration Court)
- EOIR Home page: www.justice.gov
- EOIR Immigration Court Listing : www.justice.gov/eoir/sibpages/ICadr.htm
8. PRO BONO ( Free Legal Assistance)
- CAIR COALITION : (www.caircoalition.org) (legal assistance for detained immigrants and seekers in the DC Metro area)
- DC Bar Foundation: (www.dcbarfoudnation.org)
- Catholic Charities : (www.catholiccharitiesusa.org)